Decision support to enable the identification, selection and prioritisation of business and IT change initiatives
Areas where value is realised;
-Improved support of business objectives
-Improved credibility with and confidence from across the business
-Increased insight from visibility of portfolio data
-A higher proportion of initiatives which are fit for purpose
Pains typically relieved include;
-Weak change prioritisation, approval, compliance and sponsorship
-Having the right capabilities and capacity in place to deliver
Strategic planning may happen annually or more frequently, depending on the nature of your business.
We would look to begin the engagement with you as the overall business goals for the period have been defined, communicated and agreed – and as departmental objectives begin to translate into proposed change initiatives, with supporting business cases and investment appraisals.
We will work with you to facilitate the effective planning and development of strategy implementation by;
- establishing a framework for categorising initiatives
- enabling assessment for strategic alignment, cost/benefit (value) and risk
- developing a clear portfolio entry criteria
- outlining a Roadmap for delivery
- helping you to determine whether to reduce commitments or increase delivery capacity
This will include;
- Running facilitated workshops for stakeholders within and across the various business functions and/or departments
- Reviewing plans for change against other organisational initiatives, to minimise “change fatigue” and promote successful adoption
- Identifying interdependencies between initiatives and functions / departments
- “What If?” scenario-building
- Analysis of unsuccessful initiatives, to inform future strategic decisions and priorities
Our Requirements of You
* Ensuring an executive sponsor from your organisation is allocated to the engagement, communicates the rationale behind it and signs off any ‘Terms of Reference’.
* Assisting in all possible ways to ensure that a contract, (and confidentiality agreement where necessary) is in place, in advance of any work commencing.
* Ensuring all support is in place and access is granted for all and any required data, processes, policies, meeting rooms and nominated resources to enable successful delivery of the engagement.
* Ensuring sponsor availability within the agreed timeline, to resolve any significant issues that may impact the timely completion of the engagement, if not resolved in a timely manner.
Our Commitments to You
* Provide support throughout service delivery using our World Class Professionals and Subject Matter Experts.
* Provide high quality deliverables in a timely manner and in line with agreements upon engagement with the client. (Any changes to this will be mutually agreed in writing, in advance, between all involved parties).
* Provide deep insights and genuine value-add in all possible areas throughout the engagement.
* Provide progress updates and feedback at regular intervals, agreed in advance or at the engagement ‘kick off session’.
* Respect all personal and professional development of client team members throughout the engagement.
- A register for current and potential initiatives, plus those that cannot be justified against the current strategy
- A framework for assessing and comparing initiatives, with categorisation guidelines
- Portfolio baselining and optimisation guidelines
- Agreed planning standards for milestones and dependencies
- Templates, guidance and support for planning and estimating, particularly for inexperienced personnel
- Achievability / Affordability analysis
- Lessons learned review
The service may also include the implementation of tooling to facilitate planning, estimating and analysis.
Feedback and measurement will be communicated to those responsible for strategy, providing insight that can inform future decision-making.
Available Service Engagement Model
Project Based Engagement
Project based engagements operate on the basis of agreeing work and any outcomes or milestones for delivery in advance of commencement of any engagement in a ‘Statement of Work’. Prices are fixed for the agreed deliverables and should changes be required, these may incur changes to delivery costs. Payment for Project Based Engagements are agreed on a case-by-case basis, giving consideration to risk, contract value, client payment history, relationship longevity and duration.
Focus In On: Responsible for Project and Programme Delivery
New Areas of Value:
Ability to clearly demonstrate value to the businessHidden
Better support of business directivesHidden
Increased credibility with and confidence from across the businessHidden
Higher delivery efficiency and effectiveness from clarity around process performanceHidden
Greater financial control and predictability in deliveryHidden
Greater acceptance of change – quicker to implement new changesHidden
Improved customer and colleague service and satisfactionHidden
Improved project estimation and delivery capability (right first time)Hidden
Higher proportion of projects fit for purpose, on time and on budgetHidden
Weak project prioritisation, approval, compliance and sponsorshipHidden
Poor communication of requirements, progress and expectationsHidden