Struggling to deploy your product across multiple customers, maintain schedule and customer satisfaction? Lets review your deployment strategy and define a plan for improved capability and maximised customer growth.
No matter how innovative your product, bottlenecks in your deployment capability can can severely stall your ability to deliver product to your end customers leading to:
– Poor customer satisfaction though late or problematic product deployment
– Insufficient capacity to deliver product to new customers preventing new business
– Increasing backlog of issues requiring executive escalation and intervention, undermining customer and market confidence in your product
– Overwhelming development teams with deployment issues resulting in product development slowdown
Engaging in a deployment capability review can help you:
– Build a deployment strategy and associated workflows that scales with your product growth goals
– Increase customer satisfaction through effective deployment on-time and on-budget
– Reduce confusion and increase confidence in deploying products across your teams with clear communication and accountability
– Bind together your teams through common deployment practice and governance
– Reduce the cost and uncertainty in delivering to your customers
Phase 1: Current Deployment Capability Discovery (1-2 weeks)
Usually on-site with the client executive and senior leadership teams
- Outline existing product development and deployment strategy, organisational & functional structure (CxO Input)
- Interviews with Key product and deployment stake holders to validate workflows & strategic alliance, challenges and successes (VP/Director/Senior Manager Input)
- Review of outstanding deployment issues, impact on customer satisfaction and potential risks to business. Validate data with group sessions (VP/Director/Senior Manager Input)
Phase 2: Deployment Capability Analysis (1-2 weeks)
Usually remote, with follow-up video conference sessions
- Analysis of discovery data – Collation of common & repeatable issues, potential root causes in strategy, process, tooling, skills, communication, organisation and governance.
- Review of analysis with client (VP/Director/Senior Manager Input)
- Generation of deployment capability improvement proposal – Remediation activities to address immediate workflow, tooling, skills, communication and governance issues. Proposals for process, tooling and organisational change to improve deployment efficiency. Suggestions of potential add-on services to augment the product deployment workflow.
Phase 3: Presentation of Deployment Capability Improvement Proposal (1 Week)
Usually presented on-site
- Presentation of Deployment Capability Improvement proposal to Leadership team, review feedback and validate assumptions and proposals. (VP/Director/Senior Manager Input)
- Presentation to Executive (CxO) – invite thoughts on findings and proposals.
Phase 4 (Optional): Transformation Planning & Execution of Deployment Capability
A client may choose to independently plan and execute the proposal presented in Phase 3. However it is often the case that there is no resource with sufficient gravitas to perform this task. We can take on the role of transformation lead and plan/execute, or provide consulting services to support the transformation process.
Our Requirements of You
- Client has a technology product ready for deployment
- Client Executive leadership acknowledges that their deployment capability does not meet their growth goals
- Client will support with data, resources and availability in agreed timeline to complete the work package(s)
- Contract and confidentiality agreements in place before start of phase 1
- Client will commit resources (time/staff) to complete the change post process to realise the benefit
The lasting output from this engagement is achieved through the work package deliverable(s) selected below:
- Independent review of existing deployment capability:
- How deployment execution aligns with executive deployment strategy.
- Issue/problem hot-spots throughout the deployment workflow.
- Deployment efficiency and effectiveness of tooling to support the workflow.
- Development through to deployment communication and accountability effectiveness.
- Skill, resource and capacity needs to address current and expected engagements.
- Organisational structure and governance throughout the deployment process.
- Deployment Capability improvement proposal
- Deployment strategy based upon executive business goals and customer satisfaction.
- Deployment workflow to meet the deployment strategy objectives.
- Tooling improvements /modifications to meet the workflow outcomes.
- Rectify resource skill deficits and redundancy.
- Organisational change to align resource/skills to the deployment workflow.
- Governance framework to support accountability, monitoring and control of deployment execution.