The PMO in a Box service sets up the standards, methods, processes and systems, and transfers the requisite skills in order that clients can run their own PMO (Portfolio / Programme / Project Office).
• The PMO In Box approach provides visibility of progress to:
– Senior Business Managers – enabling them to control risk and the impact of progress on the business.
– Programme/Project Managers – enabling them to concentrate on delivering the business benefits their sponsors expect.
• Proactive management support to Programme/Project Managers, freeing them to focus on managing the key issues.
• We work in partnership with our clients’ staff, leaving in place a PMO framework/capability and the expertise for its on-going management.
• PMO in a Box defines a framework, taking existing approaches, tools and culture into account so it can be easily adapted to fit the unique requirements of the project or programme.
• A common approach means that everyone knows what to expect, and what is expected of them. Fewer surprises result in a greater probability of success.
The PMO in a Box service sets up the standards, methods, processes and systems, and transfers the requisite skills in order that clients can run their own PMO (Portfolio / Programme / Project Office)
‘PMO in a Box’ provides a consistent way of working, supported and co-ordinated by experienced PMO professionals. The service helps ensure that necessary capabilities are quickly in place to for PMO success, understanding the needs and roles of both the delivery manager and the delivery team whilst providing advice and guidance to support them in achieving their objectives.
Programme & Project Management consultancy experts combine strong technical, commercial, business partnering and change management skills to deliver sustainable long-term change, capitalising upon experience as both as providers and customers of Programme & Project Management services.
Quote from a Senior Business Manager at a global provider of Financial Market Infrastructure (FMI) services:
“The PMO in Box service set up a formal PMO capability for us. Now we can manage the multitude of problems involved in such a complex project, we can progress without feeling that the sky is falling in”
Our Requirements of You
* Ensuring an executive sponsor from your organisation is allocated to the engagement, communicates the rationale behind it and signs off any ‘Terms of Reference’.
* Assisting in all possible ways to ensure that a contract, (and confidentiality agreement where necessary) is in place, in advance of any work commencing.
* Ensuring all support is in place and access is granted for all and any required data, processes, policies, meeting rooms and nominated resources to enable successful delivery of the engagement.
* Ensuring sponsor availability within the agreed timeline, to resolve any significant issues that may impact the timely completion of the engagement, if not resolved in a timely manner.
Our Commitments to You
* Provide support throughout service delivery using our World Class Professionals and Subject Matter Experts.
* Provide high quality deliverables in a timely manner and in line with agreements upon engagement with the client. (Any changes to this will be mutually agreed in writing, in advance, between all involved parties).
* Provide deep insights and genuine value-add in all possible areas throughout the engagement.
* Provide progress updates and feedback at regular intervals, agreed in advance or at the engagement ‘kick off session’.
* Respect all personal and professional development of client team members throughout the engagement.
- Review and assessment of existing facilities, processes and systems
- Creation of a PMO Framework covering processes, methods, tools, standards, strategies & policies
- Trained resources through coaching, shadowing & mentoring
- Campaign & Communication plan to promote the processes, methods and behaviours to ensure the new PMO Framework is successfully adopted with the organisation
- Hand-over the running of the PMO Framework
- Optional periodic review as required
Available Service Engagement Models
*This service may be engaged via multiple engagement model options to provide maximum flexibility.
Network Units enable complete flexibility around any engagement. When using Network Units, clients can swap and change delivery experts, scope and duration of engagements in a frictionless manner with very little notice, in line with the quantity of Network Units purchased. Network Units can be purchased in blocks of any size and at any time and are billed in full at point of purchase.
Project Based Engagement
Project based engagements operate on the basis of agreeing work and any outcomes or milestones for delivery in advance of commencement of any engagement in a ‘Statement of Work’. Prices are fixed for the agreed deliverables and should changes be required, these may incur changes to delivery costs. Payment for Project Based Engagements are agreed on a case-by-case basis, giving consideration to risk, contract value, client payment history, relationship longevity and duration.
Focus In On: Responsible for Project and Programme Delivery
New Areas of Value:
Higher proportion of projects fit for purpose, on time and on budgetHidden
Improved project estimation and delivery capability (right first time)Hidden
Greater financial control and predictability in deliveryHidden
Poor project/portfolio pipeline planning and estimation processHidden
Weak project prioritisation, approval, compliance and sponsorshipHidden
Poor communication of requirements, progress and expectationsHidden