Use your Business Goals to Shape your IT Delivery and Engagement Model and address your Delivery and Technology Optimisation challenges.
This service brings alignment between the business strategy and technology operating model. The typical areas where value is realised are:
– Technology services optimised for your business goals
– Improved cross-business collaboration
– Reduction in political and cultural resistance to change
– Promotion of innovation for competitive advantage
– Alignment between technical architecture and business strategy
We use a Business Architecture led approach to optimise the efficiency and effectiveness of the technology service to the enterprise. You may need to remove waste, reduce operational cost, speed up time-to-value in delivery or increase engagement with customers. This service can span the entirety of technology services within an organisation or consider a specific aspect. It follows a discover-analyse-deliver path bespoke to your particular challenges and needs. These may include such things as:
- IT goal mapping – identifying and describing your IT goals.
- Business contextualisation – putting IT goals into the context of the overall business. This phase may include Business goal mapping, stakeholder mapping, change readiness assessment, ‘shadow IT’ review and so on.
- Operational readiness and gap analysis – assessment of the capability of the IT function. Typically covering values, skills, processes, organisational structure, operational dependencies, internal stakeholders, security, compliance, and tools.
- Options analysis and Focus – a look at the potential impact and complexity of options that lead towards your important outcomes; typically leading to prioritisation and a tightening of scope.
- Change approach – a deeper dive into the areas of focus, looking at how to approach the change, communications needs, people impacts, effects on engagement, high-level planning, cost and gaining approvals.
- Change planning – creating an overall plan for change execution, forming a team, establishing roles and handling communications.
- Change implementation support – providing ongoing support of the change initiative.
Our Requirements of You
Ensuring an executive sponsor from your organisation is allocated to the engagement, communicates the rationale behind it and signs off any ‘Terms of Reference’.
Assisting in all possible ways to ensure that a contract, (and confidentiality agreement where necessary) is in place, in advance of any work commencing.
Ensuring all support is in place, and access is granted for all and any required data, processes, policies, meetings, facilities and nominated people to enable successful delivery of the engagement.
Ensuring the sponsor’s availability within the agreed timeline to resolve any significant issues that may impact the timely completion of the engagement.
Our Commitments to You
Provide support throughout service delivery using our World Class Professionals and Subject Matter Experts.
Provide high-quality deliverables promptly and in line with agreements upon engagement with the client. (Any changes to this will be mutually agreed in writing, in advance, between all involved parties).
Provide deep insights and genuine value-add in all possible areas throughout the engagement.
Provide progress updates and feedback at regular intervals, agreed in advance or at the engagement ‘kick-off session’.
Respect all personal and professional development of client team members throughout the engagement.
Deliverables vary depending on the specific needs of each engagement and may include the creation of new or adaption from existing artefacts. The discovery process typically involves reviewing existing information and conducting interview-style meetings and workshops drawing participants from across the organisation.
A typical engagement will involve a selection of the following in both ‘as-is’ and ‘to-be’ states, mappings between related artefacts and findings, conclusions and recommendations.
- Capability model – a model focused on what
- Value streams – a model focused how value is achieved
- Goal models – a model focused on why
- Organisational structures
- Process framework
- Stakeholder maps
- Operating models
- Sourcing strategy
- Technology inventory
- Cost analysis
- Digital maturity assessment
- Opportunity assessment
- Change roadmaps
Focus In On: Responsible for Business Architecture
New Areas of Value:
Optimise service efficiency and effectivenessHidden
Ensure alignment and integration of architecture to business strategyHidden
Communicate business capabilities, maturity and the value of architectureHidden
Drive innovation for competitive advantageHidden
Improve cross-business collaboration, service delivery and asset utilisationHidden
Political and cultural resistanceHidden