This service focuses on accelerating success for Delivery Focused Leaders and also for leaders responsible for Innovation or Digital Business Transformation
Typically clients of this service benefit by being able to more effectively:
– Complete a detailed due diligence exercise
– Identify and understand risks and rewards from a transaction
– Prepare plans for post-transaction activities
– Retain key personnel
– Increase success rate of transactions
– Improve customer and colleague service and satisfaction
– Improve credibility with and confidence from across the business
– Able to clearly demonstrate value to the Business
– Greater acceptance of change; quicker to implement new changes
– Improved delivery efficiency and effectiveness from clarity around processes
Pains typically relieved include;
– Unexpected post-transaction risks and issues
– Loss of key personnel post-transaction
– Lack of appropriate collaboration tools and ways of working
– Insufficient good data and reporting tools
– Lack of subject matter expertise and experience
– Lack of clarity or understanding on operational readiness requirements
– Business restructure or reprioritisations
Every potential transaction (merger or acquisition) is unique. The skills and experience of both parties in completing transactions is a highly determinant factor in the success of a transaction, as is the preparation and planning done before a transaction is executed. Many companies have the desire to complete a transaction, but do not always have the capability or spare resource capacity to follow-through. By engaging this service, clients will be supported by experienced personnel having the right capabilities and capacity to deliver.
Our approach includes:
- Providing experienced personnel, who have worked on numerous successful acquisitions and post-acquisition integrations
- Establishing and running a due diligence process
- Supporting acquisition activities
- Developing and executing a post-transaction integration strategy and plan
- Identifying key risks and issues
- Identifying key personnel and potential retention strategies
Outcomes you will realise include:
– Having the right capabilities and capacity to deliver
– Capability to demonstrate the benefits realised and ROI from the transaction
– Increased confidence from the business in the due diligence conducted
– A post-merger integration plan
– Details of the key risks and issues, with mitigation plans for each
– Increased quality of oversight, governance, control and delivery performance
Our Requirements of You
* Ensuring an executive sponsor from your organisation is allocated to the engagement, communicates the rationale behind it and signs off any ‘Terms of Reference’.
* Assisting in all possible ways to ensure that a contract, (and confidentiality agreement where necessary) is in place, in advance of any work commencing.
* Ensuring all support is in place and access is granted for all and any required data, processes, policies, meeting rooms and nominated resources to enable successful delivery of the engagement.
* Ensuring sponsor availability within the agreed timeline, to resolve any significant issues that may impact the timely completion of the engagement, if not resolved in a timely manner.
Our Commitments to You
* Provide support throughout service delivery using our World Class Professionals and Subject Matter Experts.
* Provide high quality deliverables in a timely manner and in line with agreements upon engagement with the client. (Any changes to this will be mutually agreed in writing, in advance, between all involved parties).
* Provide deep insights and genuine value-add in all possible areas throughout the engagement.
* Provide progress updates and feedback at regular intervals, agreed in advance or at the engagement ‘kick off session’.
* Respect all personal and professional development of client team members throughout the engagement.
Deliverables will be tailored to each engagement. Typical engagement deliverables include:
- Due Diligence process, RACI and a template plan
- Workshops / training for key personnel on the Due Diligence process
- Questions to ask of a merger or acquisition target
- Support with executing due diligence activities
- Risk and Issue logs, with mitigations
- Identification of key personnel to be retained
- Acquisition business case support
- Support with executing a merger or acquisition
- Post-acquisition integration plans
- Support with integrating a merger or acquisition
Focus In On: Responsible for Project and Programme Delivery
New Areas of Value:
Improved customer and colleague service and satisfactionHidden
Increased credibility with and confidence from across the businessHidden
Ability to clearly demonstrate value to the businessHidden
Greater acceptance of change – quicker to implement new changesHidden
Higher delivery efficiency and effectiveness from clarity around process performanceHidden
Lack of appropriate collaboration tools and ways of workingHidden
Insufficient good data and reporting toolsHidden
Lack of subject matter expertise and experienceHidden
Lack of clarity or understanding on operational readiness requirementsHidden
Disruption from business restructure or reprioritisationsHidden