A data-driven approach for diagnosing and capitalising upon systemic and tactical opportunities to uncover and nurture innovation across the enterprise.
The Innovation Accelerator provides the following benefits for the organisation and leaders responsible for delivery:
– A comprehensive, independent validation of current Innovation performance.
– Support for the business case for strategic change.
– A greater understanding of the barriers to high-performance delivery, with actionable recommendations for improvement opportunities.
– Increased clarity that drives improved process performance resulting in a higher proportion of projects aligned to your strategic goals.
– Combining you and your team’s experience, with our leading expert insight and proven methods to implement remedial actions that give reduced time to market and improved value to the business.
The output from this service will enable alignment of investment in time and effort more effectively, directly improving performance and driving increased value from innovation for the business and key stakeholder groups. The service utilises a collaborative, structured approach with rapid reflection and challenge across the six key business areas that enable high-performance, innovative organisations to excel.
Our approach and process consist of the following steps:
- An initial 30-minute engagement kick-off session with you and, if appropriate, your Innovation Leadership to confirm the scope and timeframe for the engagement.
- One or more remote workshops to answer a series of structured questions in order to gain a detailed understanding of your environment, across the following six perspectives:
- Purpose to Portfolio: Co-create and communicate a clear, compelling innovative and purpose-driven strategy and supporting portfolio to deliver it. (We do this at a corporate, divisional, and functional level.)
- Organisational Agility & Adaptability: Build a culture, environment, operating model and business ecosystem that fosters innovation, experimentation, adaptivity and agility.
- Accelerated Solution Delivery: Build differentiating products, services and capabilities to deliver outstanding customer and colleague experiences – and do so at speed.
- Digital Enablement: Modernise and optimise the IT Architectures, ways of working and supplier ecosystem to provide the digital foundations upon which new, innovative products, services and capabilities can be delivered.
- BI and Analytics: Capture, enrich, analyse, and unlock the knowledge and insight in your data to make informed decisions and actions. Draw upon our leading data scientists, analysts, and engineers to build competitive advantage.
- Process Effectiveness & Automation: Bring together process improvement techniques alongside machine learning technologies to drive down costs and improve organisational effectiveness.
- A 30-minute review session to clarify outstanding issues prior to the creation of your recommendations report.
- Following this review pre-report documentation is provided to you to give context to findings and the report delivery session.
- Upon completion of the workshops, the HiveMind delivery team will create your report that will contain practical and actionable recommendations.
Prior to its release to you, the report will be reviewed by three separate, independent, leading subject matter experts in collaboration.
Following the internal sign-off of the report, HiveMind Delivery Executives will hold an hour-long recommendations and report delivery session with you, and, at your discretion, your team. In this meeting we will discuss the report, our findings, and key recommendations / actions.
Our Requirements of You
To enable delivery of practical recommendation and a report that provides the maximum value with the minimum disruption we need you to;
* Ensure an executive sponsor from your organisation is allocated to the engagement, communicates the rationale behind it and signs off any ‘Terms of Reference’.
* Assist in all possible ways to ensure that a contract, (and confidentiality agreement where necessary) is in place, in advance of any work commencing.
* Ensure all support is in place and access is granted for all and any required data, processes, policies, meeting rooms and nominated resources to enable successful delivery of the engagement.
* Ensure sponsor availability within the agreed timeline, to resolve any significant issues that may impact the timely completion of the engagement, if not resolved in a timely manner.
Our Commitments to You
* Provide timeliness of all work and deliverables, updating you of any unforeseen changes as soon as is practicable.
* Provide support throughout service delivery using our World Class Professionals and Subject Matter Experts.
* Provide high quality deliverables in a timely manner and in line with agreements upon engagement with the client. (Any changes to this will be mutually agreed in writing, in advance, between all involved parties).
* Provide deep insights and genuine value-add in all possible areas throughout the engagement.
* Provide progress updates and feedback at regular intervals, agreed in advance or at the engagement ‘kick off session’.
* Respect all personal and professional development of client team members throughout the engagement.
A Practical, Actionable Report including:
- An assessment of current and relevant innovation capabilities.
- Details of what is currently strong within your innovation organisation along with highlighted areas of opportunity with business implications of change.
- Practical recommendations and guidance to capitalise on opportunities for improvement or new business value, in addition to the removal of impediments to innovation as uncovered during the engagement.
Report Delivery & Feedback Session
- A facilitated discussion with an experienced consultant(s) to review findings and talk through practical, actionable recommendations.
Personal, follow up session with the sponsor to agree on the prioritisation of actions and practical next steps.
Available Service Engagement Models
*This service may be engaged via multiple engagement model options to provide maximum flexibility.
A HiveMind Subscription Service enables clients to flexibly engage with HiveMind Expert(s) in line with the subscription purchased. Subscriptions typically run for 12, 24 or 36 months or can also be arranged on a rolling 6 monthly basis. Subscriptions for 6 or 12 months are billed at the commencement of service, with billing for 24 or 36 month contracts taking place on the annual anniversary of subscription commencement.
Network Units enable complete flexibility around any engagement. When using Network Units, clients can swap and change delivery experts, scope and duration of engagements in a frictionless manner with very little notice, in line with the quantity of Network Units purchased. Network Units can be purchased in blocks of any size and at any time and are billed in full at point of purchase.
Project Based Engagement
Project based engagements operate on the basis of agreeing work and any outcomes or milestones for delivery in advance of commencement of any engagement in a ‘Statement of Work’. Prices are fixed for the agreed deliverables and should changes be required, these may incur changes to delivery costs. Payment for Project Based Engagements are agreed on a case-by-case basis, giving consideration to risk, contract value, client payment history, relationship longevity and duration.
Focus In On: Responsible for Innovation
New Areas of Value:
Enabling positive behavioural changeHidden
Effective delivery against financial targetsHidden
More satisfied and engaged employees with increased retention and productivityHidden
Improved business agility and ability to rapidly respond to change and opportunityHidden
Successful, timely delivery of evidence based transformative changeHidden
Fostering a human centric, transparent, trustworthy and agile cultureHidden
Increased credibility, confidence and influence across the businessHidden
Enabling competitive differentiation and increasing market shareHidden
Increase customer acquisition, advocacy and lifetime valueHidden
More consistent and sustainable profitability and business growthHidden
Gain access to additional budget through successHidden
Viable, scalable and actionable roadmap to deliver innovation and changeHidden
Direct positive impact on internal and external customer satisfactionHidden
Better employer brand recognition from improved environmental sustainability and CSRHidden
Inefficient or misaligned operating model and lack of business agilityHidden
Lack of exec sponsorship and track recordHidden
Lack of appropriate capabilities, skills, tools and methodsHidden
Unclear business strategy and requirementsHidden
Unclear or inefficient internal communicationsHidden
Disconnect between culture and future visionHidden
Misaligned goals across business and silosHidden
Lack of clarity around the internal business ecosystemHidden
Lack of clarity around market landscapeHidden
Poor asset managementHidden
Lack of customer insightHidden
Budget availability and changes due to external change driversHidden
Poor data strategy resulting in siloed, incomplete and poor quality dataHidden