This service improves strategic alignment across the business driven by designed outcomes, whilst improving the efficiency of business decision and delivery support.
This service focuses on setting up and/or building an Architecture Capability to provide proactive growth and evolution of the business by designing and architecting against the strategy. Typical key benefits include;
– Improving alignment and integration of architecture to business strategy
– Providing strategic and operational business decision support
– Evolving and governing the design of the business
– Facilitating design and maintenance of a future roadmap of the business
– Turning strategy into key projects and programs
Leadership and Senior Management who engage an Architecture (Enterprise Design) Capability Service, do so to address their key challenges by being able to:
Setup of an Architecture Capability:
- Engage with key stakeholders to understand the strategy and establish the level of need, understanding and motivation.
- Agree a standardised approach and tools to use to analyse and design the business.
- Have clear accountability by defining roles and responsibilities required to support the strategic analysis and design activities.
- Design and implement an ‘Architecture Charter’ to define the terms of reference for the service and stakeholder engagement approach and service level agreements.
- Measure progress and success by agreeing and implementing a ‘Community of Practice’ or Design Authority to support governance.
- Educate and mentor stakeholders on business design skills, tools and approaches to ensure effective knowledge transfer.
Building of an Architecture Capability:
- Concisely articulate the strategy to ensure it is measurable and easily communicated to all relevant stakeholders.
- Design high level guidelines (principles) to steer delivery and assist decision making.
- Integrate key processes to the design approach and tooling to provide alignment and consistency.
- Follow the design approach and use the standardised tools to provide a mapping and the wiring of the organisation and enable traceability from strategy through to the project portfolio.
- Define the operating model for the different components of the business in simple views to provide the target to aim at and assist insight generation and business decisions.
- Analyse the current business to determine alignment to target state required to deliver the strategy.
- Build high level roadmaps with the activities required to deliver the gaps identified to deliver the strategy and innovation opportunities.
- Align and design the programme and project portfolio to deliver the roadmaps.
- Implement the Design Authority to assure strategic alignment and management of the ongoing portfolio delivery and innovative enhancements.
Our Requirements of You
* Ensuring an executive sponsor from your organisation is allocated to the engagement, communicates the rationale behind it and signs off any ‘Terms of Reference’.
* Assisting in all possible ways to ensure that a contract, (and confidentiality agreement where necessary) is in place, in advance of any work commencing.
* Ensuring all support is in place and access is granted for all and any required data, processes, policies, meeting rooms and nominated resources to enable successful delivery of the engagement.
* Ensuring sponsor availability within the agreed timeline, to resolve any significant issues that may impact the timely completion of the engagement, if not resolved in a timely manner.
Our Commitments to You
* Provide support throughout service delivery using our World Class Professionals and Subject Matter Experts.
* Provide high quality deliverables in a timely manner and in line with agreements upon engagement with the client. (Any changes to this will be mutually agreed in writing, in advance, between all involved parties).
* Provide deep insights and genuine value-add in all possible areas throughout the engagement.
* Provide progress updates and feedback at regular intervals, agreed in advance or at the engagement ‘kick off session’.
* Respect all personal and professional development of client team members throughout the engagement.
- Business Motivation Model
- Design Principles
- Business Model Canvas (Value Proposition Canvas)
- Business Capability Model
- Capability Maturity Assessment
- Budgeting support
- Target Operating Model
- Capability Maturity Assessment
- Value Chain definition
- Value Stream Analysis
- Partnership Canvas
- Functional Models (Org Design)
- Process Architecture
- Data Model
- Application Portfolio Models
- Architecture Tool setup & population
- Governance Log (Design Assurance)
- Capability driven methodology/approach to support:
- Strategy definition
- Business model design
- Capability assessments
- Operating Model design
- Portfolio Definition