Independent review of a website for accessibility
Knowledge of how your website and its individual pages fare against the latest accessibility standards (ADA, WCAG) and how users with disabilities/positively enabled people may access the site such as those with visual impairments.
Improve access to your site and benefit from the additional web traffic which can generate additional enquires or sales.
Keep abreast with your competitors by being an inclusive service provider.
Future proof your site in an a competitive marketplace by improving access to your web content.
Gone are the days of a website being a simple collection of static HTML pages with a few images between paragraphs of text. We live in an internet and instant response based society where people expect information and products to be available at the click of a button in a matter of milliseconds. With that in mind it is ever more important to make your goods and services accessible to a broad an audience as possible. The following quote from Tim Berners-Lee, the inventor of the World Wide Web nicely sums up the important of this service “The power of the internet is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect”.
A holistic approach is taken to reviewing a website and its constituent pages.
Timing: The exercise will take Between 2 to 5 days depending upon the size of the website to be reviewed.
Generated page source code is assessed for compliance to W3C and DDA standards
JAWs and other accessibility tools are used during assessment to mimic how users with challenging needs may access websites.
A variety of browsers and browsing clients are used to assess website including mobile devices such as tablets and mobile phones.
Our Requirements of You
* Ensuring an executive sponsor from your organisation is allocated to the engagement, communicates the rationale behind it and signs off any ‘Terms of Reference’.
* Assisting in all possible ways to ensure that a contract, (and confidentiality agreement where necessary) is in place, in advance of any work commencing.
* Ensuring all support is in place and access is granted for all and any required data, processes, policies, meeting rooms and nominated resources to enable successful delivery of the engagement.
* Ensuring sponsor availability within the agreed timeline, to resolve any significant issues that may impact the timely completion of the engagement, if not resolved in a timely manner.
Our Commitments to You
* Provide support throughout service delivery using our World Class Professionals and Subject Matter Experts.
* Provide high quality deliverables in a timely manner and in line with agreements upon engagement with the client. (Any changes to this will be mutually agreed in writing, in advance, between all involved parties).
* Provide deep insights and genuine value-add in all possible areas throughout the engagement.
* Provide progress updates and feedback at regular intervals, agreed in advance or at the engagement ‘kick off session’.
* Respect all personal and professional development of client team members throughout the engagement.
Resulting from the review of your website for accessibility you can expect to receive a detailed study showing:
- How your current pages and the content on them meets the latest accessibility standards as defined by the UK government and the W3C internet standards body.
- An understanding of how visually impaired users would access your site and simple improvements you can make to help them and in turn gain more sit visits and sales (if applicable) from the often overlooked but significant category of society.
- How your site would look on different browser clients and devices such as Tablets and mobile phones. The way we access the internet has changed with users using a variety of devices often on the move.
- Tips and recommendations on how to improve your site design for accessibility which will also improve SEO and search engine accessibility as well.
Available Service Engagement Model
Project Based Engagement
Project based engagements operate on the basis of agreeing work and any outcomes or milestones for delivery in advance of commencement of any engagement in a ‘Statement of Work’. Prices are fixed for the agreed deliverables and should changes be required, these may incur changes to delivery costs. Payment for Project Based Engagements are agreed on a case-by-case basis, giving consideration to risk, contract value, client payment history, relationship longevity and duration.