In depth review of the Spend Categories, Contracts and Organisation against worldclass benchmarks to provide recommendations to optimise, align end to end and deliver greater value to the business
In all cases the services leads to increased efficiency and effectiveness of the category and contract management teams, typically delivering:
1) Organisational Time liberation – >10% reduction in staff time
2) An increase in the commercial value realised – >5% increase in cost reductions
Secondary benefits arising from the service include:
– Improved reputation, relationships, confidence and value delivered across the business
– Optimised procurement target operating model – smaller but more focused teams and an improved value proposition for staff
– Alignment between business requirements and budget use – improved business connectivity
– Improved relationships with suppliers and partners
– Reduced Lead Times and Working Capital; Improved Planning and Operational Performance
– Transformation and streamlining of end to end processes
The high level objectives are reviewed and agreed with the sponsors with a focus on three key areas:
- Enhance capabilities and capacity to meet business objectives
- Enhance reputation through increased relevance, alignment and impact with colleagues and suppliers
- Better outcomes from supplier negotiations
The process takes place under a Confidentiality Agreement over a 4 – 6 week period(may vary depending on Client’s business requirements and staff availability) and, using a structured framing methodology, aims to move the participants from Divergent to Convergent Views so that all participants are aligned and own the outcome, including the transformational roadmap.
Divergence through to Convergent Thinking
Structure and Steps – Where Are We Now, Where Do We Want To Be and How Are We Going To Get There
Week 1: Agree scope and problem definition with Sponsors. Identify and agree with Client the availability and support of key stakeholders and resources to complete service
Week 2: Data Collection and Research followed by Desk-top Spend, Organisational Design and Business Analysis and Benchmarking to establish the current as-is situation and gaps
Week 3: Stakeholder engagement to validate Analysis, gain further insights and align on priorities
Week 4: 2 Day workshop with Client Stakeholder group to co-create solutions and plan
Week 5: Workshop outcome – Transformation Roadmap, Resources, Milestones, KPI’s, Validated Business case – co-owned by Client stakeholders.
Week 6: Support Sponsor report out and recommendations with key stakeholder group
Our Requirements of You
* Ensuring an executive sponsor from your organisation is allocated to the engagement, communicates the rationale behind it and signs off any ‘Terms of Reference’.
* Assisting in all possible ways to ensure that a contract, (and confidentiality agreement where necessary) is in place, in advance of any work commencing.
* Ensuring all support is in place and access is granted for all and any required data, processes, policies, meeting rooms and nominated resources to enable successful delivery of the engagement.
* Ensuring sponsor availability within the agreed timeline, to resolve any significant issues that may impact the timely completion of the engagement, if not resolved in a timely manner.
Our Commitments to You
* Provide support throughout service delivery using our World Class Professionals and Subject Matter Experts
* Provide high quality deliverables in a timely manner and in line with agreements upon engagement with the client [Any changes to this will be mutually agreed in writing, in advance, between all involved parties]
* Provide deep insights and genuine value-add in all possible areas throughout the engagement
* Provide progress updates and feedback at regular intervals, agreed in advance or at the engagement ‘kick off session’
* Respect all personal and professional development of client team members throughout the engagement
Executive Summary and Detailed Report providing:
- Outcome of data analysis, observations from stakeholder engagements and workshop summary, conclusions and recommendations
Executive Review Meeting Highlighting:
- Conclusions and recommendations including list, details and graphics showing prioritised opportunities and value attributable to the delivery of each value
- Business Case for Change, Transformation Roadmap with Milestones and KPI’s to track progress and measure success
Final C-Suite presentation preparation and support
Available Service Engagement Models
*This service may be engaged via multiple engagement model options to provide maximum flexibility.
A HiveMind Subscription Service enables clients to flexibly engage with HiveMind Expert(s) in line with the subscription purchased. Subscriptions typically run for 12, 24 or 36 months or can also be arranged on a rolling 6 monthly basis. Subscriptions for 6 or 12 months are billed at the commencement of service, with billing for 24 or 36 month contracts taking place on the annual anniversary of subscription commencement.
Project Based Engagement
Project based engagements operate on the basis of agreeing work and any outcomes or milestones for delivery in advance of commencement of any engagement in a ‘Statement of Work’. Prices are fixed for the agreed deliverables and should changes be required, these may incur changes to delivery costs. Payment for Project Based Engagements are agreed on a case-by-case basis, giving consideration to risk, contract value, client payment history, relationship longevity and duration.
Network Units enable complete flexibility around any engagement. When using Network Units, clients can swap and change delivery experts, scope and duration of engagements in a frictionless manner with very little notice, in line with the quantity of Network Units purchased. Network Units can be purchased in blocks of any size and at any time and are billed in full at point of purchase.
Focus In On: Responsible for Developing or Implementing a Sourcing Strategy
New Areas of Value:
Well aligned business requirements and budget useHidden
Improved reputation, relationships, confidence and value delivered across the businessHidden
Optimised sourcing operating modelHidden
Improved project success rates and delivery timesHidden
Improved relationships with suppliers and partnersHidden
Delivering cost savingsHidden
Poor reputation of sourcing in the businessHidden
Poor business alignment & engagementHidden
Lack of market / industry knowledgeHidden
Lack of available skills & experienceHidden