Networks, Telecoms & Cloud Procurement & Cost Optimisation
Understanding and procuring new networks and telecoms services and/or migrating to Cloud services required specialist knowledge in order to get an optimal outcome and best value, as well as the right services to meet both short and medium term business requirements.
Typical areas where value is realised;
-Alignment between business requirements and budget use
-Drive innovation for competitive advantage
-Optimise procurement target operating model
-Improved project success rates and delivery times
-Select and manage best value suppliers in line with risk appetite
-Delivering cost savings
-Improved reputation, relationships, confidence and value delivered across the business
Pains typically relieved include;
-Poor reputation of procurement in the business
-Unclear process and lack of governance
-Poor business alignment and engagement
-Lack of market / industry knowledge
-Lack of business clarity and priorities
-Lack of clarity on ownership
-Lack of available skills and experience
In order to achieve the real value added aspect of any engagement, a customer should look to leverage specialist independent advice from a trusted consultant who will work for their best interests. They should have detailed market knowledge of both the services and technology available, vendor understanding and market pricing insight, in order to be able to advise the customer as to what ‘good’ looks like.
This includes the ability and expertise to;
-Identify cost, quality and innovation improvements through development and delivery of an aligned sourcing strategy
-Enhance capabilities and capacity to meet business objectives
-Objectively find and engage with the right partners quicker and easier
-Achieve better outcomes from supplier negotiations
-Help the customer to make more informed decisions, quickly, objectively and transparently
-Provide guidance on improvement and development measures and prioritiesNetworks, Telecoms & Cloud Procurement & Cost Optimisation
Our Requirements of You
* Ensuring an executive sponsor from your organisation is allocated to the engagement, communicates the rationale behind it and signs off any ‘Terms of Reference’.
* Assisting in all possible ways to ensure that a contract, (and confidentiality agreement where necessary) is in place, in advance of any work commencing.
* Ensuring all support is in place and access is granted for all and any required data, processes, policies, meeting rooms and nominated resources to enable successful delivery of the engagement.
* Ensuring sponsor availability within the agreed timeline, to resolve any significant issues that may impact the timely completion of the engagement, if not resolved in a timely manner.
Our Commitments to You
* Provide support throughout service delivery using our World Class Professionals and Subject Matter Experts.
* Provide high quality deliverables in a timely manner and in line with agreements upon engagement with the client. (Any changes to this will be mutually agreed in writing, in advance, between all involved parties).
* Provide deep insights and genuine value-add in all possible areas throughout the engagement.
* Provide progress updates and feedback at regular intervals, agreed in advance or at the engagement ‘kick off session’.
* Respect all personal and professional development of client team members throughout the engagement.
Typically, the deliverables from a procurement process will include
- Production of a written or electronic RFP.
- Management or managed support of the process, where the customer wishes to front totally.
- Initial Analysis of existing services and contract
- Workshop on current and future requirements to be incorporated within scope of this procurement
- Requirements documentation for sign off
- RFP Documentation/process data and tools
- Vendor meeting co-ordination and attendance
- RFP Response evaluation & scoring
- Down selection analysis as decision support
- Co-Ordination and attendance at vendor workshops
- Any best ad final offer documentation and management of submissions
- Final detailed analysis and presentation as decision support, with recommendations
- Support of final contract negotiation/codified contract documentation
For Network Strategy, the main deliverables will be based upon a series of meetings ad workshops to an agreed Statement of Work (SoW), resulting in a draft strategy report, presented to the stakeholders. this will be augmented with supporting documentation and finalised upon agreement with the customer. The Strategy Process will be run to an agreed methodology, scope and cover the entire life-cycle of the service(s) in scope, agreed in detail at the outset via the SoW.
Available Service Engagement Models
*This service may be engaged via multiple engagement model options to provide maximum flexibility.
Project Based Engagement
Project based engagements operate on the basis of agreeing work and any outcomes or milestones for delivery in advance of commencement of any engagement in a ‘Statement of Work’. Prices are fixed for the agreed deliverables and should changes be required, these may incur changes to delivery costs. Payment for Project Based Engagements are agreed on a case-by-case basis, giving consideration to risk, contract value, client payment history, relationship longevity and duration.
Network Units enable complete flexibility around any engagement. When using Network Units, clients can swap and change delivery experts, scope and duration of engagements in a frictionless manner with very little notice, in line with the quantity of Network Units purchased. Network Units can be purchased in blocks of any size and at any time and are billed in full at point of purchase.
Focus In On: Responsible for Developing or Implementing a Sourcing Strategy
New Areas of Value:
Well aligned business requirements and budget useHidden
Driving innovation for competitive advantageHidden
Optimised sourcing operating modelHidden
Improved project success rates and delivery timesHidden
Selecting and managing best value suppliers in line with risk appetiteHidden
Delivering cost savingsHidden
Improved reputation, relationships, confidence and value delivered across the businessHidden
Poor reputation of sourcing in the businessHidden
Unclear process and lack of governanceHidden
Poor business alignment & engagementHidden
Lack of market / industry knowledgeHidden
Lack of business clarity & prioritiesHidden
Lack of clarity on ownershipHidden
Lack of available skills & experienceHidden